Friday, February 15, 2013

Five Things Friday

1)    CNN had an article on Ronen Goldman a while back. He is a photographer who uses photo editing programs to create pictures that are inspired by his dreams. I have some really crazy dreams and thought this would be a really fun photo project. Back when we were still dating my husband told me about a dream he had where we got married. One of the things that stuck out to him in the dream was that all the bridesmaids were wearing leopard print and he absolutely hated their dresses. I shared the dream with his family after we got engaged and as a joke his sister brought some leopard print fabric to the rehearsal.



2) Ashley at a The Handmadhome wrote a beautiful and funny post about how a house is place to live in not a show room.  A wonderful reminder to live in the now and take action and change things rather than envy others. It made me cringe slightly less knowing our house was a mess and Neal had all his friends coming over later that night. I had a full week of good and exhausting things and those were more important than cleaning up the mess.


3)  Speaking of living in the now. Someone pointed out this post on making sure you get in front of the camera and are not always behind it. A few weeks ago I tried to find a picture of my husband and me for every year we have been together. The year my daughter was born there was almost nothing to choose from. Between our obvious distraction of our beautiful new daughter and my dislike on how nothing fit right I avoided the camera. It is wonderful to have so many photos of the kids, but I need to make sure I jump in more and take some with just my husband. Though I usually am not happy with how I look in the moment, time makes me kinder and I look back at older photos and am happy with how I look. Photo below was taken by Eric Holtam




s   4) Wooden spoons are great, but I always worry that they never really get clean and that all sorts of nasty bacteria live in them. These spatulas make me happy. I asked for more for Christmas because the two we had were always dirty when I one. They are heat resistant so I use them to sauté veggies and scramble eggs. They are sturdy so they mix thick batters. They are shaped at both ends so you have two size spatulas in one. They are the most used tool in our kitchen.


5) My baby finally decided to start walking! It wasn’t that he couldn’t he just didn’t want to. Tuesday night he decided he wanted to and now he has been toddling around none stop.





No comments:

Post a Comment