Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How I Save Money- Eat Oatmeal for Breakfast

I get it if oatmeal just isn’t your thing, but not only does this meal help your pocket book it is great for your waist line too. I use 1/3 cup of oats for my morning meal which is less than ten cents per bowl.It is also a great way to use up fruit that isn’t going to get eaten before it goes bad. When berries or bananas are on their last day, I throw them in the freezer. Then I add them to my oats before I bake them. Joy the Baker’s Recipe got me started on the baked version of oatmeal. I unusually do a simpler version in the morning; oats, a dash of baking powder, milk, fruit, and just a little bit of brown sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Oatmeal is the best! So good for you, my favorite power food for my toddler, too :). I will definitely have to try out the baked version!

    Morgan @ PDB

    ReplyDelete