Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What I've Been Reading

Wild by Cheryl Strayed - As a kid when I thought of running away it was always to the woods I would want to go. This memoir of the authors time solo on the Pacific Crest Trail was a good way for me to get my independent nature fix without having to actually go through it all.

How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran- This is a rant on feminism and the modern woman. I didn’t agree with her on a couple of points but I was laughing so hard at I didn’t care. A hilarious read if you have an appreciation for British humor.

Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese- I saw many reviews for this and none piqued my interest until one of the girls in book club chose it. I’m so glad she did. It made me laugh, cry, and sometimes made me feel uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment