Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How To Make A New Year Resolution You Can Keep

So I know that New Years is a time to make goals for moving forward, but sometimes I don’t think we give ourselves credit for what we accomplished. Here are a few things I had on my to do list that actually got done this year.

1) Took a hot air balloon ride.
2) Started regularly using my own bags at the grocery store
3) Took a photography class
4) Adopted two cats
5) Tried over 40 new recipes

OK now I’m ready to look ahead. I’m actually not a big New Year’s Resolution kind of person, but I do keep a list of things I want to accomplish. I try keeping my list specific and to things I can actually do. Having it on the list and a deadline really works for me. The list is also made up of 90% fun things, or at least things that are fun in my dorky little world. These accomplishments help me feel like I’m learning and growing as a person. The list is also flexible. If something on it no longer fits in my life it comes off and is replaced by something that does fit. Here are a few things I would like to check off my list for 2013.

1) Make a family photo album. I’ve done an ok job of keeping up with the albums of the kids, but I really want to pull together something about all of us.
2) Learn how to can something preferably tomatoes.
3) Read or listen to at least 30 books.
4) Post every week on this blog.
5) Make chicken stock

 I’m really looking forward to 2013 and excited about all the things I will be able to do. This will be the first year I won’t be pregnant or breast feeding since 2008! With all the extra sleep I’m hoping to have the energy to be more present in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment